Snorkeling Silfra & Horseback Riding Combo
You start your tour at Laxnes Horse Farm (about 30 minutes from Reykjavik) where you will join your horseback riding tour. Suitable for beginners and experts alike, a horseback riding tour on Icelandic horses is an adventure to remember. Get ready to be charmed by the breathtaking scenery of the Mosfell valley!
After your horseriding tour, you will continue on your journey to Thingvellir National park, the drive takes about 30 minutes. You will have time between the tours to check out the park which is a UNESCO historic site and one of the stops on the popular Golden circle. We recommend to have lunch at Thingvellir.
Silfra is a crack in the earth between the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates. This remarkable fissure is filled with the glacial water and with over 100 meters visibility underwater, it is among the clearest bodies of water on our planet.
On the snorkeling tour we will dress you in a dry suit and guide you through the four parts of the Silfra fissure. Floating through Silfra's crystal clear water is an otherworldly experience; the near-freezing water, astonishing colors, and sensation of flying provide a very unique environment for liquid meditation that you will never forget.
This is a self drive tour, pick up and drop off is not included. After your snorkeling tour you can continue on the Golden circle where the famous Gullfoss and Geysir await.
- guided snorkeling trip
- all necessary snorkeling equipment
- hot chocolate and cookies after snorkeling in Silfra
- Silfra entrance fee of 1.500 ISK per person
- guided horseback riding tour
- all necessary horseback riding equipment
What do I need to bring
- Long underwear
- Thick socks
- Suitable clothes for the weather of the day
- If you wear glasses, please bring contact lenses or your own prescription mask if you have one
- have read, signed, and followed directions on the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement
- sign our liability release form at the start of the tour
- be between 150cm and 200cm in height
- be between 45kg and 120kg in weight
- fit within our dry suit size chart
- be minimum 12 years of age on the year
- be comfortable in the water and be able to swim
- be physically fit
- be ready to wear a sometimes tight and constricting dry suit
- be able to communicate in English or have a translator available at all times during the tour
- not be pregnant
Participants are not allowed on tour without signing the Snorkeling Silfra Medical Statement and, if necessary, a physician’s approval which can be found on the second page of the Medical Statement document. Please read the Diving Silfra Medical Statement prior to booking to make sure that you are eligible for the tour. Each participant must sign our liability release form at the start of the tour.
For the horseback riding tour:
- Helmets are mandatory
- Used riding clothes must be disinfected
- Used tack or riding gloves not permitted